Reflections on Week 1

1. The major inhibitors for my participation is class are concerning my family, my jobs, and my commitment to the school through various extracurricular activities. Recently a portion of my family moved to Santa Maria and we have taken on the role of supporting them as they become accustomed to the new lifestyle. While my friends in this class are my biggest supporters without them I just wouldn't be able to keep up with all the stress from 7 classes and family demands. While scheduling I am fairly good at, unless a curveball from my family is thrown, as long as I have ample warning I can weave any amount of work into my schedule.
2. In my life I have always learned from my parents and they have always showed me right from wrong and up from down. It maybe a little constricting, but I did grow to be an intelligent young woman through their training. My greatest learning experience was from my dad. When I became a "student", not a daughter or a friend, just a professional to an eager mind. The greatest thing I learned was that for my work to father to be my teacher was the best thing that ever happened, because I got a new perspective for the lessons than I ever had before. I didn't know at the time, but I never called him 'Dad' instead to me he was Mr. Greeley. That distinction was pointed out by friends who were taken aback by the relationship that we had during that school year, which because of the weird situation caused a need for adaptation.
3. After the first week I am really excited to improve my writing skills which are questionable... And looking to the future I can see a course of not only English but computer skills. Computers are the key to success in almost all forms of communication in a professional sense; to update an employer, create a flyer for the public, or even create some models for visual explanations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane Eyre Multiple Choice Questions

Groupthink

Literary Analysis: The Kite Runner