What's In This For Me?

My passion is to succeed. That's simple right? In order to succeed I have always made goals every changing of the year. This year is no different than the rest. I will maintain my high academic standards in my GPA and on the AP Exams. That is a given. It is different this year however, maybe because this is my last high school semester, but this does not make me waiver because the goals I have made are a 6 year plan.

I am a planner once I find out what I want, I make it into a reality. This year I want to pass the English Literature and Composition test with a 4 or higher. Simple right? Not really, I have been studying on my own with little success in regards to the tests we have been taking in my class. I plan to be focusing more on the different movements of the poetry covered in the Princeton Review, because I really have no clue what to be focusing my efforts in understanding the literature demanded in this college course. So I have been working a little bit on my own in that regard. This semester will be high gear for this class and I want to be prepared for this adventure.

To say it plainly, I will be working on hacking the course to become one that outlines what key ideas are emphasized in the AP Exam. In doing this I want to collaborate with other teachers on campus who have taught the class and talking with past students who have taken the exam. What was their experience and how does that differ from what we have been doing? As a class we could work on the past AP Exams and look at released essay questions. I have done this in the past to understand what perspective the test makers and previous test takers have when it comes down to it. This is the time to start really making a push to look at how the exam is  formulated, because we should understand the literature now.

P.S. If anyone wants to start working with me on this just let me know. I really think this is important if we want everyone to pass the exam this year. Thank you. I would appreciate comments if anyone has a different idea of how to study because this is not only one way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane Eyre Multiple Choice Questions

Groupthink

Literary Analysis: The Kite Runner