To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

Facebook is the greatest advance in social networking since they invented the internet! I can talk with friends and collaborate on projects with students from across the globe without having to call them at funny times. Really because of all the leadership seminars I have participated in without Facebook it would be very hard to get in touch with HUNDREDS of people simultaneously. So when I read the article about the risks associated with Facebook I just didn't want to believe it... I am not uninformed though I understand that there is identity theft and advertisements that are based on a stalked like algorithm about my past browser history. However I can not also reject all the advantages of using such a widely popular social network, because maybe one day I will need to use that algorithm to work like the KONY 2012 campaign.

(I wasn't in class so this is all based on my own views. Please let me know the views you have on the subject.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane Eyre Multiple Choice Questions

Groupthink

Literary Analysis: The Kite Runner