Notes on Hamlet

Rather quickly we have dived into the drama since Hamlet's epiphany in Act II. King Claudius is now aware that his step-son is on the attack or just insane, just where Hamlet wants him I believe. Psychologically this has got to be eating at the King's personal sanity wondering if Hamlet is really crazy or if he should be concerned about the loss of everything that he murdered for. My favorite character when I first read the play was Hamlet, later on I will post why this is no longer true, because he was so ingenious with his toying with his mother and dismissal of the murder of Polonius! The true stroke of genius was hiding the body from every attendant, and instead giving them riddles that could not be solved unless you were loony yourself! I was really disappointing that Gertrude could not see the ghost after Hamlet killed Polonius, because I was hoping that this would spur his mother to support her son a little more openly or at least distance herself from the King. But "ay, there's the rub".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane Eyre Multiple Choice Questions

Groupthink

Literary Analysis: The Kite Runner